Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection, is an industry-trusted document offering comprehensive best practices and complex concepts and information. As a water-based systems engineer, designer, plan reviewer, installer, maintenance personnel, inspector, manufacturer, or insurer who needs to know about stationary fire pumps for their work, NFPA 20, Stationary Fire Pumps for Fire Protection (2022) Online Training is your source for expert instruction in how to apply the standard’s criteria to help ensure cutting-edge fire protection.
With this training module you will get the ultimate companion to NFPA 20 to help gain a more advanced understanding of how to help ensure that the stationary pump is installed correctly to support your fire protection system(s).
- Working on the full range of fire pumps
- Fire pump performance
- Requirements for installation of fire pumps and related systems
- State the purpose of fire pumps and differentiate between pump types, applications, and characteristics.
- List the requirements for fire pump performance based on unit sizing, water supply, power supply, and additional factors.
- Identify the requirements for the installation of fire pumps and peripheral equipment.
- Identify and apply requirements for the construction and protection of fire pump enclosures.
- Explain the criteria for determining the appropriate components and system layout for a fire pump assembly.
- Define critical terms and design considerations such as “balanced flow” and “unbalanced flow”.
- Reference considerations for special project situations such as high-rise buildings, diesel fuel tanks, and fire pump pressure controls.
- Locate and apply requirements for finalizing a fire pump installation, including acceptability testing, inspections, and documentation.
Ensuring fire pump readiness and reliability is crucial to avoid costly errors, improve project efficiency, and help protect lives and property.
- Are you interested in fire safety?
- Are you responsible of making decision about stationary fire pumps?
- Are you designing and/or installing water-based fire protection systems?
- Are you responsible of approving any fire safety?
- Are you supplying and installing fire pumps?
- Do you have questions about how to use the standard?
If your answer is yes to any of the questions above, then you are navigating through the right training program to improve your fire safety knowhow, remain current with the latest developments and practices.
This web-based training program will give you the opportunity to deep dive in NFPA 20 requirements in a multinational participant group with the guidance of NFPA instructor and be one of the participants who have knowledge on the changes about 2022 edition of NFPA 20
Upon completion of this training you will have chance to enter NFPA 20 online exam to certificate your effort and receive an achievement certificate from NFPA when you pass the exam .
NFPA standards are the most commonly applied standards all around the world. If you have worked with these standards and/or planning to work with these standards, this is the opportunity to get in depth knowledge about NFPA standards.
Therefore, water-based systems engineers, designers, plan reviewers, installers, maintenance personnel, inspectors, manufacturers, insurers, and anyone preparing for the Certified Water-Based Systems Professional Certification shall attend this training.
- Online access to related NFPA standard
- Electronic copy of training notes
- NFPA Certificate